Indian Classical Music believes that the voice shapes by practicing
- Alankars ,
These are nothing but vocal exercises using Sa, Re, Ga, Ma sounds. Sa, Re, Ga, Ma are known as swars and they map to keys on the keyboard.
When practicing the below exercises, you must remember few things.
- 1. Listen to the sound from the key and then match your voice to that sound. You have to develop your ears for sharp listening.
- 2. Practice slowly at first. Once you get the grip of the sequence then you can increase your speed. When you get started, initially you will take long time to learn a sequence.
- 3. Practice one sequence or tutorial for few weeks before you move to another one. Master one before moving to next.
- 4. Focus on breath control and how you are using your diaphragm to emit sound.
- 5. If you have throat infection skip a practice till you get better.