In term "Light Music" has been used in Europe for many years, although American audiences may have referred to the same music variously as "Mood Music", "Beautiful Music", or "Pop Instrumental".
Characteristics of the Light Music genre can be summarized as follows:
- A strong melody--whether "catchy" in its simplicity, or otherwise "memorable" in nature
- An interesting musical setting--a unique counter-melody, interesting chord progression, etc. performance by an orchestra or small ensemble--rarely are vocals used
- A programmatic association such as a mood, place, or era may appear in the title and music
- A form for the arrangement which has a sense of direction--a beginning, middle, & end; and a sense of balance and contrast--solos balance tutti sectios, etc.
But the common denominator of the light music style is talent: trained musicians performing in ensembles large and small. Talented composers and arrangers who took influences from the whole world of music which had occurred before them, and made it into a palatable form for wide appeal. The popularity of the form between 1935-1965 shows that it was serving a need for less "highbrow" music, and yet serving a responding public who had a taste for things of quality.
Indian Classical Music
Indian Classical Music believes that the voice shapes by practicing
These are nothing but vocal exercises using Sa, Re, Ga, Ma sounds. Sa, Re, Ga, Ma are known as swars and they map to keys on the keyboard.
When practicing the below exercises, you must remember few things.
- 1. Listen to the sound from the key and then match your voice to that sound. You have to develop your ears for sharp listening.
2. Practice slowly at first. Once you get the grip of the sequence then you can increase your speed. When you get started, initially you will take long time to learn a sequence.
3. Practice one sequence or tutorial for few weeks before you move to another one. Master one before moving to next.
4. Focus on breath control and how you are using your diaphragm to emit sound.
5. If you have throat infection skip a practice till you get better.